Considered the highest award in the magazine industry, the NMAs are sponsored by the American Society of Magazine Editors and administered by the Columbia Graduate School of Journalism in New York.
• 2017 Winner for Feature Photography (Adrift) • 2015 Winner for Public Interest (Women Aren't Welcome Here) • 2014 Nominee for General Excellence (Literature/Science/Politics)
AAAS Kavli Science Journalism Awards
The AAAS Kavli Science Journalism Awards represent the pinnacle of achievement for professional journalists in the science writing field. The awards recognize outstanding reporting for a general audience.
• 2014 Winner for Magazine Feature Writing (The Social Life of Genes)
Sidney Hillman Foundation
The Sidney is a monthly award for outstanding journalism that fosters social and economic justice.
• 2014 Sidney Award Winner (Women Aren't Welcome Here)
Liberty Media Corporation
This annual award acknowledges and encourages media contributions that explore the link between economic and political liberty.
• 2014 Media for Liberty Award Winner (The Deluge)
Syracuse University: Mirror Awards
Open to anyone who conducts reporting, commentary, or criticism of the media industries. Entries are evaluated based on excellence of craft, framing of the issue, and appropriateness for the intended audience. Winners are chosen by a group of journalists and journalism educators.
• 2018 Winner for Best Profile (Editor in Exile) • 2017 Nomination for Commentary (How Journalists Can Help Hold...) • 2015 Finalist for Best Single Article (Women Aren't Welcome Here)